AIMS of the Tramway Historical Society
The Society shall seek to advance its charitable purposes of education and benefit to the community through the following objects:
- To preserve tramcars and relics, archives, records and other items relating to tramway systems and to foster the preservation of South Island urban infrastructure.
- To preserve omnibuses (including trolley omnibuses) and relics, archives, records, infrastructure and other items relating to urban omnibus systems.
- To maintain, further develop and operate an urban public transport museum, including an operating tramway, and trolley bus line,in Ferrymead Heritage Park, and on adjacent or nearby land in the Heathcote Valley, Christchurch.
- To foster an intelligent interest in tramways and other urban public transport including cooperation and/or affiliation with organisations having similar aims or interests, and to advocate for urban transport and transport heritage.
- To publish and distribute such promotional, historical or publicity material through print, photographic or electronic media compatible with the above objects as the Management Committee may from time to time approve either on its own or in cooperation with other organisations having similar aims or interests.
- To set up such other groups, bodies, societies or trusts as may be required to further the objects of the Society.